The Senior Project Manager is a complex and impactful position on our team. As a Senior Project Manager, you are the leader of multiple simultaneous projects and are accountable for every aspect of a project’s success throughout the project lifecycle. Relationships are the core of your work. You serve as the trusted advisor and liaison for our clients, providing hospitality at every step of the process. You lead the project team and work closely with designers, trade partners, project coordinators, and superintendents. You manage the project budget and drive the schedule, adapt to changes and address any issues that arise. You hold high expectations for yourself and others, and you motivate the team to deliver excellent quality work that is on time and exceeds the client’s expectations. As a Project Manager, you embody Gardner’s vision, mission, and values.
- Lead the project team through construction
- Generate, monitor, and update project timeline; identify deliverables and task owners
- Devise and execute owner contract and subcontracts according to project scope
- Manage all financial aspects of the project: bidding, estimating, change orders, pay applications, trade partner and material invoices
- Quickly and professionally resolve all issues that may arise with the project on the job site or in the office, assuming responsibility and mobilizing appropriate parties
- Maintain consistent and effective communication with all team members, including leading weekly OAC project meetings and procurement meetings
- Successfully close out projects: oversee punch list process, implement project closeout checklist, ensure completion of all trades, submit final billings
- Generate project leads through ongoing professional relationships with owner and design communities
- Participate in proposal presentations, representing Gardner’s vision, mission, and experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of general contracting and the life cycle of a project
- Ability to read architectural plans and specifications
- Strong estimating and technical writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to relay highly detailed information between project team, trade and design partners
- Ability to effectively present information in oral, written, and graphic form
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and exercise independent judgment related to the daily administration of projects
- Motivated and self-directed mindset with the ability to anticipate needs, proactively find solutions, and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Proficiency in spreadsheets, project scheduling applications, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Apple devices
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in construction management, engineering, or a related field.
- 8 + years of experience as a project manager or similar position, preferably in general contracting.
- Tenant improvement / ground up experience preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
Benefits and Company Perks:
- Competitive salary, paid weekly
- Benefits include: Comprehensive health and dental insurance, HSA option with generous employer contribution, vision insurance, life insurance, long term disability coverage, 401k plan, paid parental leave
- Paid parking or paid public transportation costs, monthly auto allowance
- Company provided phone, tablet, and laptop
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off
- Regular company and team outings
- Flat hierarchy, EOS-led, open culture, encouragement of individual growth
- Inc Magazine 2020 Best Workplaces
- 2020 “Best Places to Work” by Milwaukee Business Journal
- 5-Time “Best Places to Work” by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020)
- 2-Time “Top 150 Workplaces” (2018, 2019) by Minneapolis Star Tribune
Drug screen and background check required.
How to Apply:
If selected to meet with us, the process will include 3 conversations (phone and virtual/in-person).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gardner Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to create and maintain an environment where everyone feels welcome, included, and is treated with dignity, respect, and fairness. Gardner Builders does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship status, service in the uniformed forces, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.